Who gives the most and the least…
The most and least generous nation states will not surprise most. Note China – the future global power. What implications are in this peak?
The most charitable countries are:
2. New Zealand
8. United Kingdom
9. Sri Lanka
The least charitable countries are ( 1= least)
For kicks, Haiti (one of the poorest nations on the planet) is in the top 25%, where 40% of the population gives to charities and 38% have contributed this quarter.
Most generous states in the US:
3. New York
7. New Jersey
9. South Carolina
Some noteworthy items:
1. The wealther the state, the less they tend to give.
2. Southern states gives the most by region (2.2% of income)
3. New England gives the most to secular causes
4. Southerners gives more to faith based charities
5. 82% of people in Connecticut give to charity; 65% of Georgians
6. The average giving to charity 2%. The average by Christians – 2%
7. Americans gave (private donations) $248B in 2011.
8. Christians do tend to give more than secular people.
9. While wealthy people give more overall dollars, poor people give > 30x’s in % of their income than do their wealthy counterparts
10. The top 40 wealthiest people in the USA make more than the bottom 150 million.